Unique Tips for Cleaning Ski Boots
How to clean your boots used for skiing? Simple, take only two natural ingredients to eliminate sweat, odor and dirt. Find out what they are by reading our guide.
How to clean ski boots after a day in the mountains? Skiing can be exhausting and, despite the cold, often sweating is profuse, especially inside the plastic shell of the boots . This unfortunate aspect determines as a result in the growth of bacteria, mold and odors naturally. So, how to clean your ski boots ? Simple, follow our advice:
- At the end of the day, remove the fit of the boots to allow moisture to evaporate , then remove the insole, sprinkle the plenty of baking soda inside it and leave it overnight.
- For efficiency you can mix the baking soda with water to obtain a consistent paste, spread it out on the insole and let it dry. The next morning, remove the dough, now dry with a plastic brush before you put the insole in ski boots.
- To the outside just a simple past of vinegar and water to clean and disinfect the best for the next day’s skiing. Also read our next article regarding umbrellas cleaning and storing tips.
Cleaning of snow boots
How to choose – In addition to explain how to clean your ski boots , we also tell you how to choose : do not complicate if you follow some specific directions aimed to make you opt for the most suitable model to your feet and your experience:
- Ski boots should be comfortable .We suggest you to put aesthetics before their ease of use and their comfort: everything else does not matter.
- Pay particular attention to their rigidity . Boots with a value between 50 and 60 are very flexible and are suitable for skiers at the beginning or those who are not very skilled in this discipline. Instead, the boots with a flex greater than 130 are much more rigid and must be worn only by those skilled skiers.
- Do not be groped by the availability of numbers you see directing your choice of a half-size larger . It will derive no benefit because the boots are designed to exacting support points and when you choose a boot bigger than your measurement, the shoe will be incorrect to your foot.
If our tips on how to clean your ski boots were helpful, stay tuned on House Cleaning Toronto blog section for high quality cleaning tips and tricks.