There are a large number of air fresheners available at the market. You can go and spend a lot of your money buying them. But, as the commercially made air fresheners are mostly toxic, you will not feel the freshness that you are looking for.
To get rid of the toxic atmosphere created at your house by the use of commercial air fresheners and to breathe in a healthy air, the Clean my Premises – House Cleaning Toronto, health experts advise that you create your own homemade air fresheners.
Five Easy Methods To Creating Homemade Air Fresheners:
There are six easy methods for creating homemade air fresheners.
You will not be required to spend a lot of money on them as while you read, you will realize that whatever you want is already available at your home!
Scented candles are the most popular among homemade air fresheners.
To make them, you need the following ingredients:
- natural wax
- good quality essential oils
- non-toxic crayons (optional if you want to add colour)
- First take a saucepan or a pot which you think you can separate in using it for making scented candles.
- Directly melt the natural wax in the pot on a low flame.
- If you do not want to waste your pan, pour water in it, take a heat resistant dish, put the natural wax in it and start melting it.
- While the wax is melting, put the wick at the bottom of the container and support it with chopsticks or skewers so that it remains straight.
- After the wax is melted, take it off the stove and add some drops of essential oil in it.
- If you want to add colour, take a non-toxic crayon and add a small piece of it to the melted candle.
- Pour the mixture in a container, and leave it to cool until 3 to 4 hours.
Enjoy smelling the pleasant smell of your handmade scented candles!
Yes coffee beans!
Coffee Beans can act as one of the best air fresheners for your house and your car.
For using coffee for an air freshener, you need to grab the following ingredients and tools:
- grinded coffee
- container (optional)
- lightweight fabric
- kitchen twine or ribbon
- Take a piece of a lightweight fabric. You can also use a cheesecloth.
- Place the cloth on a flat surface.
- Put the not too finely grinded coffee on the piece of cloth
- Take the cloth from all sides and tie it tight from above with the kitchen twine or ribbon
- If you want to hang this air freshener, use the same kitchen twine or ribbon to hang it
- If you want to place it in a container, put the satchel in it and place it wherever you like.
Your coffee air freshener is complete!
Cinnamon can be used in two ways to make an effective and cheap air freshener.
The first implies using cinnamon as an air freshener by boiling it.
For this method you will need:
- cinnamon sticks
- kitchen twine or ribbon
- pan to boil the cinnamon sticks
- Take a piece of a cheesecloth and place it on a flat surface.
- Take one cinnamon roll and place it on the cheesecloth
- Tie the cheesecloth from the top by using the kitchen twine or ribbon
- Boil water in a pan and dip the cinnamon in the cheesecloth sack.
- Let it hang there until the cinnamon stick simmers
- Take the sack out
- Pour the boiled water in a spray bottle.
You are now ready to use your cinnamon air freshener.
Method 2 implies that you use dry cinnamon and turn it into an effective air freshener.
For this method you will need the following things:
- cinnamon sticks
- Take the candle and tie the cinnamon sticks around it with the thread
- Light the candle
Feel the gentle smell of the cinnamon sticks spreading out with the light of the candle.
Orange and Lemon Peels:
Orange and lemon peels are frequently used as air fresheners.
Because they are the cheapest ingredients for making air fresheners in the world!
Orange and lemon peels can be used as air fresheners in two ways. So, please note the following two methods:
You can use dry orange and lemon peels for this method.
- Take the orange and lemon peels
- Sew them in a thread
- Hang them in a room that you think should be refreshed
For this method, you will need:
- a saucepan
- citrus scented essential oil
- orange and lemon peels
- Pour the essential oil, orange and lemon peels and water in the saucepan
- Let the mixture boil for a few hours
- Keep adding water into it whenever it is on the brink of getting totally dried out
- Take out the mixture
- Pour it in a jar and place it in your room
You have prepared an orange and lemon peels’ air freshener.
Baking soda is a very good ingredient for getting rid of unwanted smells in a room.
For making an air freshener out of baking soda, you will need:
- a mason jar
- baking soda
- essential oil (of your choice)
- Take a mason jar or a small container
- Pour about a half cup of baking soda in it
- Add few drops of essential oil
- Gently mix both
- Take the paper
- Cut it according to the inner rim of the jar
- Make a few holes in it
- Place it at the inner rim of the jar so that it stands firm and does not fall inside
You can take this air freshener to any room and even place it in your car.
We hope that you would have gathered quite a few ideas for making air fresheners at home.
Do try them and let us know at the CMP - house cleaning Toronto , or Facebook page if you have any queries or if you want to tell us something that you know.
Let us and our readers benefit from your knowledge.